المكتبة العامة
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.
بحـث

نتائج البحث

Rechercher بحث متقدم

سحابة الكلمات الدلالية

المواضيع الأخيرة
» نموذج دراجة هوائية صمم عام 1946
The English We Speak.... Neil needs to pack all his bits and bobs   Icon_minitime1الجمعة يونيو 05, 2020 6:34 pm من طرف majde jumaa

» هل يجوز الترحم على أموات الغير مسلمين
The English We Speak.... Neil needs to pack all his bits and bobs   Icon_minitime1الأربعاء يونيو 03, 2020 7:13 pm من طرف majde jumaa

» كيف تكسب دولارات عن طريق نظام الاعلانات المدفوعة
The English We Speak.... Neil needs to pack all his bits and bobs   Icon_minitime1الأربعاء مارس 11, 2020 5:15 pm من طرف majde jumaa

» تحميل رواية السجينة مليكة أوفقير ومميشيل فيتوسي
The English We Speak.... Neil needs to pack all his bits and bobs   Icon_minitime1الخميس فبراير 13, 2020 9:05 pm من طرف majde jumaa

» تحميل كتاب ابق قويا
The English We Speak.... Neil needs to pack all his bits and bobs   Icon_minitime1الجمعة يناير 24, 2020 5:20 pm من طرف majde jumaa

» حدث في مثل هذا اليوم 26\12\2013
The English We Speak.... Neil needs to pack all his bits and bobs   Icon_minitime1الخميس ديسمبر 26, 2013 6:34 am من طرف majde jumaa

»  حدث في مثل هذا اليوم الثلاثاء24\12\ 2013
The English We Speak.... Neil needs to pack all his bits and bobs   Icon_minitime1الخميس ديسمبر 26, 2013 6:25 am من طرف majde jumaa

» أحداث في هذا اليوم الأحد 22 ديسمبر 2013
The English We Speak.... Neil needs to pack all his bits and bobs   Icon_minitime1الأحد ديسمبر 22, 2013 7:46 pm من طرف نسيرين علي

» يا ريتنى لو أقدر أقول فيكِ الكلام
The English We Speak.... Neil needs to pack all his bits and bobs   Icon_minitime1الأحد ديسمبر 22, 2013 2:11 pm من طرف majde jumaa

مايو 2024
الأحدالإثنينالثلاثاءالأربعاءالخميسالجمعةالسبت

اليومية اليومية

التبادل الاعلاني

انشاء منتدى مجاني

تصويت

The English We Speak.... Neil needs to pack all his bits and bobs

اذهب الى الأسفل

The English We Speak.... Neil needs to pack all his bits and bobs   Empty The English We Speak.... Neil needs to pack all his bits and bobs

مُساهمة من طرف majde jumaa الأربعاء نوفمبر 06, 2013 7:38 pm

Neil needs to pack all his bits and bobs

لتحميل او download download اضغط هنا

Feifei: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak. I'm Feifei.

Neil: (Sounding distracted) Yeah, Hi, I'm err, Neil.

Feifei: Neil, what are you doing? Can we record this programme please?

Neil: Yes, sure, just a second. (Talking to himself) I still need to call the bank, turn off mobile data roaming, finish this script, buy mosquito repellent…

Feifei: What are you talking about? We need to record this programme!

Neil: Yes, I know, just a minute. (Carrying on talking to himself) need to pick up the Euros, check-in, pack the bag…

Feifei: Neil! What on earth are you talking about?

Neil: Sorry Feifei. I'm trying to sort out some bits and bobs before I go on holiday tomorrow.

Feifei: Bits and bobs? What has Bob done? Why do you need to sort out Bob before you go on holiday?

Neil: No, no. I don't mean I need to sort out 'Bob'. The word 'Bob' here is not a person.

Feifei: It's not a person? So what does 'bits and bobs' mean then?

Neil: In English, we use 'bits and bobs' to mean small things, or many different types of little jobs.

Feifei: Ah, so what you meant was you had a lot of small things to sort out before you go on holiday?

Neil: Yes, that's right. Now let's hear some examples.

A: What are you doing tomorrow?
B: Nothing special, just a few bits and bobs.

Mum: Alex, can you tidy up all your bits and bobs?
Son: OK.

A: Have you been to the shop round the corner?
B: No, I haven't. Is it good?
A: Aw, it's great – it sells all sorts of interesting bits and bobs.

Neil: Do remember 'bits and bobs' is an informal saying so we wouldn't use it in a formal situation.

Feifei: Neil, what about the phrase 'bits and pieces'? Is it the same as 'bits and bobs'?

Neil: Yes, 'bits and pieces' is another informal way of saying 'lots of small things'.

Feifei: I see, so they are the same, thank you. (Panicking) Oh no, it's 7 o'clock. I need to go!

Neil: But we need to finish recording the programme…

Feifei: You can finish it Neil. I have to get all the bits and bobs for the party tonight before the shops close! Bye…

Neil: Err, OK. Well, maybe we can just finish it tomorrow? (Talking to himself again) I have got the visa, still need buy travel insurance and a guidebook. Ooh, must remember to ring my mum…

majde jumaa
المدير العام
المدير العام

عدد المساهمات : 167
تاريخ التسجيل : 31/10/2013

https://books-shob.yoo7.com

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:
لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى